Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Future According to Pete

I don't think I ever shared with you the results of my painting of the future. The assignment was to make a pictorial image that depicts our vision of the future. This is mine looks like.

The image is quite large 60" by 48". Oil on canvas. I left a lot of the space and figure ambiguous because I don't really know what the future looks like, so how can I get away with depicting a solid image. Also, I like the way it takes on a dreamy, almost hallucinogenic quality. The figure is taken from a National Geographic story that had photographed several images of "Wild Man" festivals around the globe. This person was dressed up as a deer headed thing with a bright red wooly frock. Perfect reference material to depict aliens :) Next I'll be posting the results of the textual component of this assignment. Hint: it has a strong Egyptian vibe!

No comments: