Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Results!

Here's the result of my wax and stone sculpture project. Had a great crit. Someone suggested a light projection would be interesting and show the transparency of the wax and also it would create interesting shadows. People picked up on the interesting history of the process inherent in the dried wax. Also that they are intimate objects of contemplation. One interpretation was that they seemed like stone tablets only there are awesome shapes instead of writing. Also, one person thought it was interesting that this piece that was about using stone ending being about stone in its absence. :)
I, myself, think there's a problem with the scale and how I presented the work. I'd have to make it a lot bigger and I'm not sure on the logistics on that . . . I'd probably need a dump-truck full of hot wax lol.

No comments: