Thursday, November 11, 2010

Re-storming

So I'm pretty sure that I missed the point of the assignment. I'm to create a sculpture that fits all or a portion of the body. It's more about how the body relates to sculptural form than how the body relates to space. In an abstract way, yes, they are one and the same: form and space, can't have one without the other . . . but I think I leaned too heavy on the space side of things.
So . . .
Here's a couple more ideas:
1. A frame type of thing that would fit snuggly on my shoulders that I would be able to push along the ground. Rethinking free movement.
2. A screen of sorts that blocks out certain portions of my body from view. Creating that contrast of barrier and exposure.

Some interesting possibilities. I'm leaning towards the screen idea because I haven't explored the use of the flat plane in sculpture as much as the linear. Although I did make a linear sculpture from a flat plane hmm . . . boggle boggle :)

No comments: