Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Interdisciplinary Awesomeness

I think the most radical changes in my practice are a result of the interdisciplinary studio class that I took this year. If you have an opportunity to have a team-taught studio class, take it! It's really worthwhile to get input from people who have expertise in different media and come from a wide range of practical approaches. It helps you not only to see beyond the horizon of your own work, but also beyond your preferred medium. So, here's a quick recap.






















So the question I need to think about is do I prefer the authority of having the image on the wall or am I more interested in how the image activates the space around it when it comes off the wall?  Hmm, so many pros and cons for both. I think I might try a more rectangular piece that comes off the wall instead of these strip-like formats.

No comments: