Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Opus Demos!


Last weekend I did a couple of demos at Opus Art Supplies in Victoria. The demo comprised of me going through the process I used to make my series of portraits. More info on that series here.
I was rather nervous being up in front of 20 people who were looking over my shoulder while I painted, but once I got into it, it was rather fun.
Here's what the set up looked like.

Here's the step by step.
Step one: wash and light contour drawing

Step two: block in colours, thin paint

Step three: destroy image with big brushes

Step four: intuitive bring back in the forms, abstract marks

Demo 1 result

Demo 2 result

It was a pretty good experience that'd I'd love to do again. I was also appreciative of the audience because they were enthusiastic, engaged, and asked some really good questions.

No comments: