Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sketching in Spring

I've been doing a lot of sketching lately, partly because I want to get out of my apartment a little more (been feeling cooped up a little), and partly because I want to see what happens when I draw just for the sake of making a drawing (seeing and translating the visual world) as an end in itself. I find that I've been drawing mostly as studies for paintings. So usually the drawing isn't really finished or goes beyond the realm of a thumbnail. I also found a great class on Craftsy.com about sketching outdoors and thought I'd give it a try. Here's the results from some of the assigned projects.

Water colour on cold press paper

HB and 6B on standard sketching paper

HB and 2B on standard sketching paper

HB and 6B on standard sketching paper

Pen and ink (Micron pens) on standard sketching paper

HB on standard sketching paper


Water colour on cold press paper

No comments: