Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Self_portrait_(cont.)



After some input from my prof regarding my self-portrait project, my direction is taking me into the idea of capturing motion. I'm still going to use the multiple image but play with that idea of capturing sections of time demonstrated through my motions. So the one of three "shots" that may be successful is one of me skipping stone on the beach. I'm not super hot on the composition . . . i could probably crop out the trees on the end, maybe shoot on a brighter day, include some splashes? What does work in this image is are the moments caught during my motion (but interestingly, I like the twist that it's not a continuous sequence of one motion, it's one captured frame of a repetitive motion at roughly same point in the action). I also enjoy the play of the layering of the figure . . . creating an ambiguous space (which is something I deal with in my painting :).
I've got two more weeks to finish the 3 shots that I'll need for my project. That'll give me enough time to a) possibly find a battery charger for my gf's super awesome camera b) reshoot a night scene thinking about which repetitive motion I'd like to capture c) possibly reshooting the beach-throwing-rocks shot with the above in mind c) shoot an interior motion shot (inspiration from Janieta Eyre, see below. . . minus stripey tights!) and d) put it all together in Photoshop!

Janieta Eyre

Janieta Eyre

No comments: