Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The sweet smell of paint

Dear waterbased paint,
I cracked open my jar of leftover turpentine/linseed oil that I used to clean my brushes today and fell instantly in love! I haven't touched oil paints for over 4 months now. I thought I'd expand my horizons and try something new, but I'm sorry acrylics . . . I just don't think this is working out between us. It's not that there's anything wrong with you, it's just that you dry too fast, get clumpy on my palette, and aren't flexible enough for me. I don't want you to think that the time we've spent together is all for nothing . . . no! It was lovely to be able to work on successive layers without having to wait a day for it to dry. And it was nice not having toxic fumes frying my brain. But yeah, this ghost called Henry. . . I mean oil paint has come back into my life and I believe in my heart of hearts that we are meant for each other.
So . . . welcome to Dumpsville, Acrylic paint. Population: you!
<3 Paintering Pete

No comments: